Monday 16 November 2009

101 in 1001 challenge

Inspired by Tor's blog, that's peachy, I've decided to do the following challenge:

The Mission:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

START: 16 November 2009
END: 13 August 2013
Hmmmm as I have very limited resources I'll have to write slightly less ambitious tasks, but I'll be amazed if I'm actually able to complete all of these in the time.... good challenge though!




1) Go to Paris
2) Get a really good make-up collection
3) Sort out my bedroom (ie get rid of my rickety bed and replace it with a less dangerous one, keep it tidy most of the time)
4) Tell all my school friends about this blog (kind of embarrassed about it, but it will help with the next one...)
5) Keep up with this blog, and get over 100 followers
6) Experiment more with make-up looks
7) Buy some actual vintage clothes
8) Cook some really difficult recipes (successfully!)
9) Get really good at playing the piano
10) Watch some classic 20th century movies.... with people like Audrey Hepburn, Katherine Hepburn and Molly Ringwald
11) Get some earrings, and start wearing earrings more often
12) Pass all my GCSEs :)
13) Go ice-skating on Christmas Eve
14) Go to New York
15) Eat healthily (ie don't eat because of boredom, stop eating when I'm full, stop eating so much cake... ok, that doesn't really go with the next one...)
16) Get really good at making cupcakes
17) Go to see Muse
18) Go up to London for the weekend... without my parents
19) Go on holiday with my friends
20) Learn to ski
21) Collect some amazing jewellery
22) Go to the Clothes Show Live every year
23) Improve my sewing skills
24) Visit some different UK cities
25) Go to a proper, weekend music festival
26) Document a day in photographs, at least every two months (completely stole this one of Tor :P)
27) Watch every episode of Sex and the City (again, credit to Tor for this one)
28) Eat at a Michelin star restaurant
29) Get a cooking lesson
30) Get my own laptop
31) Make an item of clothing that I will actually wear
32) Spend a ton of money on Brighton Pier
33) Buy a Polaroid camera (stolen again (: )
34) Make friends with some people not from school
35) Enter at least two competitions a month
36) Win a competition
37) Go to more flea markets
38) Get braces... and get them out
39) Make some jewellery
40) Dye my hair... or at least get highlights
41) Do an internship, or work experience at a fashion magazine
42) Find a good cleanser for teenage skin, and use it regularly
43) Drink more water every day
44) Got to see 3 more West End musical
45) Go to see a comedy act
46) Go to watch Never Mind the Buzzcocks live
47) Go to watch Strictly Come Dancing
48) Meet a pretty famous celebrity
49) Work at a charity shop
50) Work at a nursery
51) Watch 5 very different documentaries
52) Watch 10 really good horror films
53) Buy an item that costs over £100
54) Buy someone a present for no reason (once again, credit to Tor for this one)
55) Watch Jaws
56) Go on a road trip.... preferably in a VW Camper
57) Go camping with my friends
58) Go to see 10 bands no one has ever heard of
59) Go out dressed up as someone else.... I'm thinking maybe be Blair Waldorf for a day, or maybe go all goth...
60) Go to a proper, full on house party
61) Do a sleepover marathon
62) Help my mum with the kittycats, even though they'll be almost elderly by then..
63) Get a regular job
64) Get some really good nail varnish, and wear it every non-school day
65) Perform in some kind of drama performance out of school
66) Learn to walk properly in heels
67) Get a brilliant, Carrie Bradshaw-esque shoe collection
68) Sell my Uggs (Cannot stand them now, reckon I could get at least £20
69) Learn to like coffee
70) Get an A* at GCSEs
71) Own one piece of really nice, expensive piece of jewellery.... which I haven't bought for myself
72) Get a brilliant selection of box sets (5, maximum of 3 can be sitcoms)
73) Discover some fabulous new music
74) Donate some proper money to charity
75) Go to a wedding, like a proper church wedding
76) Stand in the front row at a gig, and maybe even get pulled out
77) Go to Italy
78) Read some old novels.... Has to include Wuthering Heights
79) Get a charm bracelet... and fill it with charms
80) Customise some clothing
81) Get some really good quality pajamas
82) Find the perfect lip gloss
83) Get at least 5 pairs of completely of-the-moment fashion items
84) Go out wearing something that I don't feel at all confident in, even if I know it looks good
85) Start to label my blog posts... starting with this one :)
86) Watch a whole series of a fly on the wall TV show (either Big Brother or I'm a Celebrity)
87) Get my bronze Duke of Edinburgh award
88) If I see someone on the street wearing something amazing, compliment them and ask them where they got it 3 times (sounds miniscule, but I'm a very shy person)
89) Do a car boot sale to sell all the rubbish in my room!
90) Swap clothes with a friend
91) Go to an art exhibiton
92) Go to a fashion show
93) Buy a one off piece
94) Buy something designer
95) Build up a collection of quirky little bags
96) Stop using technology an hour before I go to bed
97) Eat all of my 5 fruit and veg a day, for a week
98) Do some kind of charity marathon or walk
99) Go to Wales and stay at a B&B
100) Get a fake "oops" style story published in a magazine (don't know why, but I've always wanted to do this)
101) Make a real effort to get on better with my extended family (ie grandparents, who I have issues with on both sides)


PHEW that took me a whole hour! It's a lot harder than you'd think. Argh, how am I going to be able to do this if I can't even write them all!
Speak soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment